Hello - I have about 1,000 board feet of beautiful rough sawn 5/4 red oak. We are putting solid pine doors in our new construction house. I was thinking of trimming the whole house with the red oak that I have been drying for a few years now. I'm concerned about how the look of the oak trim will be around the pine doors and jams. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is there a certain shade of stain I can use on the pine and the oak than would make them best complement eachother? On a side note, all the flooring will be random width T&G clear Ash. Thanks in advance for your help & suggestions.
Red oak trim with white oak floors???
Can I match the stain from old red oak to new red oa...
Refinishing old woodwork
Woodworking Matching Game. - Need help for this week...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight