Thanks for all the extra advice. I have already memorized the user manual, but it really doesn't tell me enough.
I'm hoping that this is the one and only finesse project I attempt on this beast. It's not my bag. Next time I have the contractor over, I'll ask him to check out the saw. It's only about 2 years old.
I had already created a couple of treads with the 1" appendix. Today I created a couple with larger pieces. I found that using the clamps as spreaders was easier for me. I have the nose of the tread against a back wall, and a cleat screwed down into my workbench about 6" away from the back of the tread. The clamps convert easily to spreaders, effectively pushing the tread against the back wall. Seems to have worked.
Thankss for all of the input. Any other suggestions are welcome.
IF YOUR STILL LOKKING TO REPLACE YOU CARPETED STAIRCASE WITH WOOD, YOU SHOULD LOG ON TO WWW.EZTREAD.COM
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!