Just got the sprinkler system working, now how much water should I put on the St. augustine grass? It's a establish lawn, the original home had the sprinkler timer set at 17 minutes. Any info would be appricated.... Thanks....
Place a small container on your lawn and turn on the sprinkler system. When the water level in the container reaches 1 to 1&1/2 inches, you have watered your lawn enough. Also make sure that it you water very early in the morning or toward dusk. If you water in the middle of the day the sun will burn off most of the water before it penetrates the soil.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!