Just got the sprinkler system working, now how much water should I put on the St. augustine grass? It's a establish lawn, the original home had the sprinkler timer set at 17 minutes. Any info would be appricated.... Thanks....
Place a small container on your lawn and turn on the sprinkler system. When the water level in the container reaches 1 to 1&1/2 inches, you have watered your lawn enough. Also make sure that it you water very early in the morning or toward dusk. If you water in the middle of the day the sun will burn off most of the water before it penetrates the soil.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!