6 or 7 years ago I purchased pergo presto red oak blocked from Home Depot. I'm now remodeling the original remodel and am in need of 3 more boxes of this product. I went back to Home Depot and had to special order but have just now discovered that the red oak blocked pergo presto I received does not have the same interlocking mechanism as the original. Did Pergo change the way they interlock since I installed the original floor or did I just order the wrong version? The number on the new stuff is 4709 and I honestly don't remember the original number I purchased.
Hopefully someone "listening" in on this site has some of the old product they are willing to part with. I plan to call the Pergo hotline Monday and find out if the original product is manufactured anymore but I'm not very hopeful.
Thanks in advance.
I'm not sure which Pergo Red Oak Block you are referring to in your post. The orginal Pergo (where you had to glue the planks together) Red Oak Block is 2230. Years later Pergo came out with the lock-in flooring, that Red Oak Block is 4577. I have extra of both of the above flooring. It has been in a spare bedroom for years.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!