I'm not sure whether this should be here or under floors but anyhow, here are the questions.
I am going to be laying Vertical grain bamboo flooring over a concrete slab. (The slab has been checked and is flat and level. Suprised me too.) I plan on glueing the flloring down tothe slab. The living room area has a conversation "pit" area that is down two steps, with a step width of aproximately 78 inches. This is the first issue. Stair nose only comes in 72" lenghts and stair treads are only 48". I have considered using a finger joint router bit to join the pieces end to end but am not sure if this would be a proper way to do it. This also brings up the question of the prefinish on the flooring. This brings me to the next question. Due to the room layout the flooring layout will be 90 degrees to the steps. The stair bull nose has a grove on the back side to accept the tongue from the flooring pieces. OK, but all of the flooring pieces are the same length so this would make all of the joints fall side by side as it runs across the floor. Can't do that.. So cutting the pieces to random lengths will leave a square cut on the end away from the stair.. I would guess that a new "grove" should be cut on this end of the floor piece. Am I correct in this thinking? And how about the floor finish. I would guess that I should get an appropriate finish to touch up thes cut ends? Why isn't anything easy?? Anyone with experience on issues like this I would appreciate your input. Thanks.
Oh by the way I am in Las Vegas so moisture is not a problem and hasn't ever been one in the house.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers