I'm not sure whether this should be here or under floors but anyhow, here are the questions.
I am going to be laying Vertical grain bamboo flooring over a concrete slab. (The slab has been checked and is flat and level. Suprised me too.) I plan on glueing the flloring down tothe slab. The living room area has a conversation "pit" area that is down two steps, with a step width of aproximately 78 inches. This is the first issue. Stair nose only comes in 72" lenghts and stair treads are only 48". I have considered using a finger joint router bit to join the pieces end to end but am not sure if this would be a proper way to do it. This also brings up the question of the prefinish on the flooring. This brings me to the next question. Due to the room layout the flooring layout will be 90 degrees to the steps. The stair bull nose has a grove on the back side to accept the tongue from the flooring pieces. OK, but all of the flooring pieces are the same length so this would make all of the joints fall side by side as it runs across the floor. Can't do that.. So cutting the pieces to random lengths will leave a square cut on the end away from the stair.. I would guess that a new "grove" should be cut on this end of the floor piece. Am I correct in this thinking? And how about the floor finish. I would guess that I should get an appropriate finish to touch up thes cut ends? Why isn't anything easy?? Anyone with experience on issues like this I would appreciate your input. Thanks.
Oh by the way I am in Las Vegas so moisture is not a problem and hasn't ever been one in the house.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes