I'm not sure whether this should be here or under floors but anyhow, here are the questions.
I am going to be laying Vertical grain bamboo flooring over a concrete slab. (The slab has been checked and is flat and level. Suprised me too.) I plan on glueing the flloring down tothe slab. The living room area has a conversation "pit" area that is down two steps, with a step width of aproximately 78 inches. This is the first issue. Stair nose only comes in 72" lenghts and stair treads are only 48". I have considered using a finger joint router bit to join the pieces end to end but am not sure if this would be a proper way to do it. This also brings up the question of the prefinish on the flooring. This brings me to the next question. Due to the room layout the flooring layout will be 90 degrees to the steps. The stair bull nose has a grove on the back side to accept the tongue from the flooring pieces. OK, but all of the flooring pieces are the same length so this would make all of the joints fall side by side as it runs across the floor. Can't do that.. So cutting the pieces to random lengths will leave a square cut on the end away from the stair.. I would guess that a new "grove" should be cut on this end of the floor piece. Am I correct in this thinking? And how about the floor finish. I would guess that I should get an appropriate finish to touch up thes cut ends? Why isn't anything easy?? Anyone with experience on issues like this I would appreciate your input. Thanks.
Oh by the way I am in Las Vegas so moisture is not a problem and hasn't ever been one in the house.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!