This may seem a bit out of left field, but I really need some advice. If this is not the appropriate place for my post, then please tell me where I should take my problem.
Here is my problem:
My mother recently purchased a house in the country. She wants to be able to put on small concerts for her friends. So, she needs a stage for the bands to play on. "Nothing fancy." she says. It seemed simple enough in the beginning but she gradually added more features to what was once a stationary platform. Then she decided to suddenly turn up the heat with a very short completion date. So I decided to get some advice. Here is a list of what it needs to do.
- Adjustable legs for leveling on uneven terrain
- Withstand at most a small band and their equipment
- Survive exterior use
- Can be broken down and put back together with relative ease
- Lightweght for transport (this isn't a big issue)
- Simple construction
- Cheap is unfortunately the biggest request she had
If someone knows of a cheap alternative to building it, that would be good too. I'm looking for pre-built versions myself, as well as seeing if I could find some adjustable legs that I could easily attach to a simple wooden platform.
Time is a pressing issue as well; since she is getting married in a matter of days and I am extremely busy myself. So please, any advice at all would be a big help.
As she lives in the boonies, why not have a big load of dirt dumped on the stage location? Level the top, plant grass & flowers. One large permanent erection is better than several temporary, lesser ones!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes