This may seem a bit out of left field, but I really need some advice. If this is not the appropriate place for my post, then please tell me where I should take my problem.
Here is my problem:
My mother recently purchased a house in the country. She wants to be able to put on small concerts for her friends. So, she needs a stage for the bands to play on. "Nothing fancy." she says. It seemed simple enough in the beginning but she gradually added more features to what was once a stationary platform. Then she decided to suddenly turn up the heat with a very short completion date. So I decided to get some advice. Here is a list of what it needs to do.
- Adjustable legs for leveling on uneven terrain
- Withstand at most a small band and their equipment
- Survive exterior use
- Can be broken down and put back together with relative ease
- Lightweght for transport (this isn't a big issue)
- Simple construction
- Cheap is unfortunately the biggest request she had
If someone knows of a cheap alternative to building it, that would be good too. I'm looking for pre-built versions myself, as well as seeing if I could find some adjustable legs that I could easily attach to a simple wooden platform.
Time is a pressing issue as well; since she is getting married in a matter of days and I am extremely busy myself. So please, any advice at all would be a big help.
As she lives in the boonies, why not have a big load of dirt dumped on the stage location? Level the top, plant grass & flowers. One large permanent erection is better than several temporary, lesser ones!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 10 Secret Rooms & Passages in Ordinary Homes
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers