This may seem a bit out of left field, but I really need some advice. If this is not the appropriate place for my post, then please tell me where I should take my problem.
Here is my problem:
My mother recently purchased a house in the country. She wants to be able to put on small concerts for her friends. So, she needs a stage for the bands to play on. "Nothing fancy." she says. It seemed simple enough in the beginning but she gradually added more features to what was once a stationary platform. Then she decided to suddenly turn up the heat with a very short completion date. So I decided to get some advice. Here is a list of what it needs to do.
- Adjustable legs for leveling on uneven terrain
- Withstand at most a small band and their equipment
- Survive exterior use
- Can be broken down and put back together with relative ease
- Lightweght for transport (this isn't a big issue)
- Simple construction
- Cheap is unfortunately the biggest request she had
If someone knows of a cheap alternative to building it, that would be good too. I'm looking for pre-built versions myself, as well as seeing if I could find some adjustable legs that I could easily attach to a simple wooden platform.
Time is a pressing issue as well; since she is getting married in a matter of days and I am extremely busy myself. So please, any advice at all would be a big help.
As she lives in the boonies, why not have a big load of dirt dumped on the stage location? Level the top, plant grass & flowers. One large permanent erection is better than several temporary, lesser ones!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love