This may seem a bit out of left field, but I really need some advice. If this is not the appropriate place for my post, then please tell me where I should take my problem.
Here is my problem:
My mother recently purchased a house in the country. She wants to be able to put on small concerts for her friends. So, she needs a stage for the bands to play on. "Nothing fancy." she says. It seemed simple enough in the beginning but she gradually added more features to what was once a stationary platform. Then she decided to suddenly turn up the heat with a very short completion date. So I decided to get some advice. Here is a list of what it needs to do.
- Adjustable legs for leveling on uneven terrain
- Withstand at most a small band and their equipment
- Survive exterior use
- Can be broken down and put back together with relative ease
- Lightweght for transport (this isn't a big issue)
- Simple construction
- Cheap is unfortunately the biggest request she had
If someone knows of a cheap alternative to building it, that would be good too. I'm looking for pre-built versions myself, as well as seeing if I could find some adjustable legs that I could easily attach to a simple wooden platform.
Time is a pressing issue as well; since she is getting married in a matter of days and I am extremely busy myself. So please, any advice at all would be a big help.
As she lives in the boonies, why not have a big load of dirt dumped on the stage location? Level the top, plant grass & flowers. One large permanent erection is better than several temporary, lesser ones!
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING