I also posted this question in the Architecture section but was unsure if it should be here instead ?
Before I get started, I want to let you know that this is a great informative site ! I have found numerous useful info here.
We are going to enclose our carport and it has a double cantilever style roof truss. We are wanting to make a cathedral ceiling using the existing truss's if possible and have, what you may find as a very stupid question. If you are looking at the truss, the center section looks like it is a triangle of sorts. What would happen if the portion on the bottom of the truss was cut so as to make a cathedral look or would the roof just fall ?
Like I said before, this may sound stupid but I would like to know since I have seen a few houses being built that look like this is exactly what was done to create their cathedral ceiling.
Thanks in advance for helping with this question.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!