I also posted this question in the Architecture section but was unsure if it should be here instead ?
Before I get started, I want to let you know that this is a great informative site ! I have found numerous useful info here.
We are going to enclose our carport and it has a double cantilever style roof truss. We are wanting to make a cathedral ceiling using the existing truss's if possible and have, what you may find as a very stupid question. If you are looking at the truss, the center section looks like it is a triangle of sorts. What would happen if the portion on the bottom of the truss was cut so as to make a cathedral look or would the roof just fall ?
Like I said before, this may sound stupid but I would like to know since I have seen a few houses being built that look like this is exactly what was done to create their cathedral ceiling.
Thanks in advance for helping with this question.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers