I also posted this question in the Architecture section but was unsure if it should be here instead ?
Before I get started, I want to let you know that this is a great informative site ! I have found numerous useful info here.
We are going to enclose our carport and it has a double cantilever style roof truss. We are wanting to make a cathedral ceiling using the existing truss's if possible and have, what you may find as a very stupid question. If you are looking at the truss, the center section looks like it is a triangle of sorts. What would happen if the portion on the bottom of the truss was cut so as to make a cathedral look or would the roof just fall ?
Like I said before, this may sound stupid but I would like to know since I have seen a few houses being built that look like this is exactly what was done to create their cathedral ceiling.
Thanks in advance for helping with this question.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!