As to the type,.......All are good, but have different cost's of installation and operation. Heat pumps are o.k. for areas which see temps of 34-40* but no lower. Any lower, the efficiency is gone. At this point your system will ghange over to it's supplemental heat source,.gas/electric. You also have to look at the cost of gas (vs) Electric? which is cheaper?
Package Units are nice because they alow for all repair and maintenance work to be done at the unit. Everything about this unit is right in front of the service tech. No need to track through your house. With straight A/C and gas heat, this is a goog choice, but may be more expensive.
Split System.... Also OK, but requires 2 major pieces of equipment.
All Types are widly used in the industry and can make your living more comfortable. The big Question is,...What's best for you? A contractor can help you decide....
Sorry I dragged on and on....
Hope this was of some help to you.
I appreciate the information. I believe I am going to go with a gas furnace & separate A/C unit. But I am not sure if I want a Lennox or American Standard. The price is very similar on both systems.
For quality ac repair San Antonio call AAA Duct Cleaning. Free San Antonio furnace repair estimates.
To keep it simple think of it this way . What best conveys electricity is usually great for heating copper, steel AIR is a great insulator and does not hold the heat
Cast iron holds the heat a lot longer then copper and is a quiet system
Using ducts for both cooling and heating means your compromising one of the systems.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!