First of many questions. Our new home (1940s 3 BR Colonial)came with a Honeywell electronic air filter for the CAC and gas heat. Ive never had one before and need the basics: cleaning, maintenance, etc.
Check the Honwywell web site. But what we told customers was the core needed to be removed about every six months and washed. Some people put them in the diswasher but don't bend the wires. If you have a utility sink they will fit in use a mild detergent let them soak and then rinse and dry thoroughly. The prefilters need also to be cleaned. If they have activated charcoal in them do not wash. They will need to be replaced but not every six months.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!