Central AC keeps turning off after 1 min
The leak has been caused by corrosion from water logging into the base of the unit which was not draining out properly. The leak is verrrrry slow. The question - Repairman claims that I would have to replace the entire dryer assembly and the tube underneath that has the leak, since leaks are unpluggable. I find this a bit exhorbitant, since the unit costs $50 and he is claiming a total of $250 to fix it all. Is there a product to plug hairline leaks (at least temporarily)? We use our AC unit less than 5 to 6 times a year!!
I asked you for the model # before??? Your unit should be able to be pumped down to avoid extra cost's. There is a product to plug leaks, but it's made for the lo pressure side of the system and it''s not all that good. Since your leak is on the Hi pressure side of the system, only soldering will due.
With labor in Western NY, your bill would be 168.00 less tax...... Your area may be different, but the price sounds hi too me. Insist on (not) having the dryer replaced,....( this is ONLY if the system is uncontaminated).
If you have any Q:s you know where I am.
[This message has been edited by HOLLYWOOD (edited August 11, 2000).]
Forced hot air/central AC question......
New Home Owner - Basis Central Air Installation Ques...
I AM FREEZING!!!
Central AC upgrade is complete. Old Equipment ???
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!