Central AC keeps turning off after 1 min
The leak has been caused by corrosion from water logging into the base of the unit which was not draining out properly. The leak is verrrrry slow. The question - Repairman claims that I would have to replace the entire dryer assembly and the tube underneath that has the leak, since leaks are unpluggable. I find this a bit exhorbitant, since the unit costs $50 and he is claiming a total of $250 to fix it all. Is there a product to plug hairline leaks (at least temporarily)? We use our AC unit less than 5 to 6 times a year!!
I asked you for the model # before??? Your unit should be able to be pumped down to avoid extra cost's. There is a product to plug leaks, but it's made for the lo pressure side of the system and it''s not all that good. Since your leak is on the Hi pressure side of the system, only soldering will due.
With labor in Western NY, your bill would be 168.00 less tax...... Your area may be different, but the price sounds hi too me. Insist on (not) having the dryer replaced,....( this is ONLY if the system is uncontaminated).
If you have any Q:s you know where I am.
[This message has been edited by HOLLYWOOD (edited August 11, 2000).]
Forced hot air/central AC question......
New Home Owner - Basis Central Air Installation Ques...
I AM FREEZING!!!
Central AC upgrade is complete. Old Equipment ???
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love