Central AC keeps turning off after 1 min
The leak has been caused by corrosion from water logging into the base of the unit which was not draining out properly. The leak is verrrrry slow. The question - Repairman claims that I would have to replace the entire dryer assembly and the tube underneath that has the leak, since leaks are unpluggable. I find this a bit exhorbitant, since the unit costs $50 and he is claiming a total of $250 to fix it all. Is there a product to plug hairline leaks (at least temporarily)? We use our AC unit less than 5 to 6 times a year!!
I asked you for the model # before??? Your unit should be able to be pumped down to avoid extra cost's. There is a product to plug leaks, but it's made for the lo pressure side of the system and it''s not all that good. Since your leak is on the Hi pressure side of the system, only soldering will due.
With labor in Western NY, your bill would be 168.00 less tax...... Your area may be different, but the price sounds hi too me. Insist on (not) having the dryer replaced,....( this is ONLY if the system is uncontaminated).
If you have any Q:s you know where I am.
[This message has been edited by HOLLYWOOD (edited August 11, 2000).]
Forced hot air/central AC question......
New Home Owner - Basis Central Air Installation Ques...
I AM FREEZING!!!
Central AC upgrade is complete. Old Equipment ???
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Things to Do With...Old Rakes
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 9 Handy Uses for Your Cordless Drill/Driver
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- Deck the Doors: 10 Wreaths for Autumn Decorating
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY