Lennox AC blowing fuses
I think that you will find that the problem is that the unit is comming back on just after shutdown. It's hard to see and it's really not your fault.
Ask the service tech. if there is a time delay anywhere in the system, and if not, to add one.
[This message has been edited by HOLLYWOOD (edited August 29, 2000).]
I checked the fuse holder connections and they are clean. I'm checking into the delay. The thermostat is a Lennox with the heat and cool settings separate on one panel but I don't think it has any way to delay. Do the progammable ones let you add a delay time in?
The fuses say they are 'Dual Element, Time Delay, Current Limiting'. I have a second A/C system for another part of the house that doesn't have these fuses. Are these fuses suppose to be the delay you are speaking of?
Your fuses can be standard fuses but dont worry so much about that for now.
One way to see if your current stat has a time delay is cycle the unit, send someone out side to the condenser, shut unit down at t-stat and turn back on at once. the unit should not start for 3 to 6 or so minutes. That will tell you if there is a time delay on that t-stat.
[This message has been edited by HOLLYWOOD (edited September 02, 2000).]
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers