Lennox AC blowing fuses
I think that you will find that the problem is that the unit is comming back on just after shutdown. It's hard to see and it's really not your fault.
Ask the service tech. if there is a time delay anywhere in the system, and if not, to add one.
[This message has been edited by HOLLYWOOD (edited August 29, 2000).]
I checked the fuse holder connections and they are clean. I'm checking into the delay. The thermostat is a Lennox with the heat and cool settings separate on one panel but I don't think it has any way to delay. Do the progammable ones let you add a delay time in?
The fuses say they are 'Dual Element, Time Delay, Current Limiting'. I have a second A/C system for another part of the house that doesn't have these fuses. Are these fuses suppose to be the delay you are speaking of?
Your fuses can be standard fuses but dont worry so much about that for now.
One way to see if your current stat has a time delay is cycle the unit, send someone out side to the condenser, shut unit down at t-stat and turn back on at once. the unit should not start for 3 to 6 or so minutes. That will tell you if there is a time delay on that t-stat.
[This message has been edited by HOLLYWOOD (edited September 02, 2000).]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes