Lennox AC blowing fuses
I think that you will find that the problem is that the unit is comming back on just after shutdown. It's hard to see and it's really not your fault.
Ask the service tech. if there is a time delay anywhere in the system, and if not, to add one.
[This message has been edited by HOLLYWOOD (edited August 29, 2000).]
I checked the fuse holder connections and they are clean. I'm checking into the delay. The thermostat is a Lennox with the heat and cool settings separate on one panel but I don't think it has any way to delay. Do the progammable ones let you add a delay time in?
The fuses say they are 'Dual Element, Time Delay, Current Limiting'. I have a second A/C system for another part of the house that doesn't have these fuses. Are these fuses suppose to be the delay you are speaking of?
Your fuses can be standard fuses but dont worry so much about that for now.
One way to see if your current stat has a time delay is cycle the unit, send someone out side to the condenser, shut unit down at t-stat and turn back on at once. the unit should not start for 3 to 6 or so minutes. That will tell you if there is a time delay on that t-stat.
[This message has been edited by HOLLYWOOD (edited September 02, 2000).]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 11 Ways to Dress Up Your Dresser
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Make Your Own Bookcase: 10 DIY Designs