Lennox AC blowing fuses
I think that you will find that the problem is that the unit is comming back on just after shutdown. It's hard to see and it's really not your fault.
Ask the service tech. if there is a time delay anywhere in the system, and if not, to add one.
[This message has been edited by HOLLYWOOD (edited August 29, 2000).]
I checked the fuse holder connections and they are clean. I'm checking into the delay. The thermostat is a Lennox with the heat and cool settings separate on one panel but I don't think it has any way to delay. Do the progammable ones let you add a delay time in?
The fuses say they are 'Dual Element, Time Delay, Current Limiting'. I have a second A/C system for another part of the house that doesn't have these fuses. Are these fuses suppose to be the delay you are speaking of?
Your fuses can be standard fuses but dont worry so much about that for now.
One way to see if your current stat has a time delay is cycle the unit, send someone out side to the condenser, shut unit down at t-stat and turn back on at once. the unit should not start for 3 to 6 or so minutes. That will tell you if there is a time delay on that t-stat.
[This message has been edited by HOLLYWOOD (edited September 02, 2000).]
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING