Blower BANGS when furnace stops
As far as the 'banging', could it be the ducts flexing back in place? To check this, the next time the unit comes on, go down there and put your hand on the plenum side of the unit (the output side.) WHen the unit shuts off, you'll know if it's the duct or not. I did have this problem and fixed it by bracing the 'soft spot'.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: The new blower may have a greater 'push' than the old one. It's just a hunch I have.
You are exactly correct, sorry for the latent heat terminology, I should have used residual.
However, since an increase in fan speed results in a higher delta temp of the combustion gas through the heat exchanger, (the flue gas exits the heat exchanger at a lower temp) the net result is the furnace becomes more efficient.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs