Blower BANGS when furnace stops
As far as the 'banging', could it be the ducts flexing back in place? To check this, the next time the unit comes on, go down there and put your hand on the plenum side of the unit (the output side.) WHen the unit shuts off, you'll know if it's the duct or not. I did have this problem and fixed it by bracing the 'soft spot'.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: The new blower may have a greater 'push' than the old one. It's just a hunch I have.
You are exactly correct, sorry for the latent heat terminology, I should have used residual.
However, since an increase in fan speed results in a higher delta temp of the combustion gas through the heat exchanger, (the flue gas exits the heat exchanger at a lower temp) the net result is the furnace becomes more efficient.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees