Blower BANGS when furnace stops
As far as the 'banging', could it be the ducts flexing back in place? To check this, the next time the unit comes on, go down there and put your hand on the plenum side of the unit (the output side.) WHen the unit shuts off, you'll know if it's the duct or not. I did have this problem and fixed it by bracing the 'soft spot'.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: The new blower may have a greater 'push' than the old one. It's just a hunch I have.
You are exactly correct, sorry for the latent heat terminology, I should have used residual.
However, since an increase in fan speed results in a higher delta temp of the combustion gas through the heat exchanger, (the flue gas exits the heat exchanger at a lower temp) the net result is the furnace becomes more efficient.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes