Blower BANGS when furnace stops
As far as the 'banging', could it be the ducts flexing back in place? To check this, the next time the unit comes on, go down there and put your hand on the plenum side of the unit (the output side.) WHen the unit shuts off, you'll know if it's the duct or not. I did have this problem and fixed it by bracing the 'soft spot'.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: The new blower may have a greater 'push' than the old one. It's just a hunch I have.
You are exactly correct, sorry for the latent heat terminology, I should have used residual.
However, since an increase in fan speed results in a higher delta temp of the combustion gas through the heat exchanger, (the flue gas exits the heat exchanger at a lower temp) the net result is the furnace becomes more efficient.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!