Blower BANGS when furnace stops
As far as the 'banging', could it be the ducts flexing back in place? To check this, the next time the unit comes on, go down there and put your hand on the plenum side of the unit (the output side.) WHen the unit shuts off, you'll know if it's the duct or not. I did have this problem and fixed it by bracing the 'soft spot'.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: The new blower may have a greater 'push' than the old one. It's just a hunch I have.
You are exactly correct, sorry for the latent heat terminology, I should have used residual.
However, since an increase in fan speed results in a higher delta temp of the combustion gas through the heat exchanger, (the flue gas exits the heat exchanger at a lower temp) the net result is the furnace becomes more efficient.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Design a Better Bedroom: 9 Strategies
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Would You Live in a Floating Home?