I am finishing off my walk up attic and looking for heating options. Would a heat pump make sense for the New England climate?
A heat pump pulls energy from the outside air to heat the interior. I had a heat pump for heat in southern Ohio. In a warmer climate than NE, it was a terrible heat source. On cold, windy nights, it couldn't keep up. I would use a heat pump only in FL or AZ.
heat pump proficiency
Anyone have a Heat Pump in Midwest? does it work well
Heat pump only for hot water
heat pump system pricing?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!