Central air unit in attic
I'd want a lot more info.
Did he give you a price? (Putting vents throughout a house that has none has got to be expensive.)
What type of heat do you have now?
I'd get a second and a third professional opinion.
I didn't move into the place until after the systems were installed, so I can't really compare "before" and "after" attic temperatures. I can say that the attic didn't get extremely hot in the summer with the units running in the attic. The exhaust fan didn't kick on too often that I can recall. The attic was a little warmer in the winter, which I attributed to the heating systems and the insulation. Then again, the walls of this house had NO insulation in them and the interior surfaces were plaster, so I felt the cold wind!
The landlord told me it cost about $10,000 for both systems to be installed plus the blown-in insulation (all done by 1 company). The landlord did this to help the house sell...I moved in during July 1999 and they sold the house in September 2000. I hope this information is of use to you. Jim D/Heathsville, VA
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes