Hopefully, it's just a leaking pvc pipe that's not putting any water on the inside.
Second, the drain pipe might be a slow drain such that it allows some drain water to escape through it, but not enough so that the drainage tray overflows. It is very common because AC drains are slow drains that rarely get flushed out with a large volume of water, which helps prevent organic and inorganic build-up from forming. I had to use several applications of Drano foaming Pipe cleaner on my AC drain pipe recently, which eventually cleared out my AC drain that the previous owners had neglected for 30 years.
Liquid Plumber is probably the wrong product to use on an evaporator coil/drain tray, although I am not so sure it will cause more problems. The commercial cleaning solutions used to clean evaporator coils often contain muratic acid, which is a stronger, more caustic acid than the acid in Liquid Plumber. Using it a few times over the life of the coil to clean the coil should not ruin the coil or the drains. It is only when people use Liquid Plumber-type acids FREQUENTLY that people inadvertantly ruin their drain pipes.
Nonetheless, your problem on an A/C drain pipes is probably not a clog (for which Liquid Plumber or lye would be used) but a SLOW DRAIN due to build-up in the pipes, for which there are other, less caustic products designed to cling to build-up, remove it, and then harmlessly wash away (like the Drano foaming pipe cleaner).
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!