I have a room that is partially situated over my garage. It seems to be the hardest room in our 2-story house to keep cool in the summer time and warm in the winter time. All the walls are insulated and the attic is too. I tried adjusting vents on 1st level to try to compensate, but did not work. I have central air cooling and heating, no heat pump. About 1/2 of the walls in the garage are insulated (the ones that adjoin the house). I have an insulated garage door, but the garage still gets extremely hot in the summer and cold in winter. I am planning to insulate the rest of the garage by the end of this summer. Is there something else I could do or a product to get that might help my situation?
Thanks in advance for any replies.
Insulating a brick wall
Ways to keep an unheated jam room (garage) above zero
Attic Insultation - Physical Barrier to keep soffits...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes