I have a room that is partially situated over my garage. It seems to be the hardest room in our 2-story house to keep cool in the summer time and warm in the winter time. All the walls are insulated and the attic is too. I tried adjusting vents on 1st level to try to compensate, but did not work. I have central air cooling and heating, no heat pump. About 1/2 of the walls in the garage are insulated (the ones that adjoin the house). I have an insulated garage door, but the garage still gets extremely hot in the summer and cold in winter. I am planning to insulate the rest of the garage by the end of this summer. Is there something else I could do or a product to get that might help my situation?
Thanks in advance for any replies.
Insulating a brick wall
Ways to keep an unheated jam room (garage) above zero
Attic Insultation - Physical Barrier to keep soffits...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects Anyone Can Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 9 "Killer" Ways to Eliminate Weeds
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- Designers Reveal Today's Top 10 Bath Remodeling Trends
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight