natural gas vs. proprane regulator
I AM TRYING TO CONVERT A RADIANT TUBE HEATING SYSTEM TO PROPRANE. IS THERE A DIFFERNENC BETWEEN NATURAL GAS REGULATOR AND A PROPANE REGULATOR. I KNOW THE ORIFICE SIZES ARE DIFFERENT, BUT DO I NEED A DIFFERENT GAS VALVE AND REGULATOR.
I changed the orifices in my natural gas stove, my only gas appliance, to accept propane. The gas company then disconnected their supply, removed the meter AND regulator (you'll notice that theirs is a relatively large regulator). I then fitted a standard propane tank and regulator - same as BBQ type. Works just fine and nobody has told me that I did the wrong thing - yet!
Hope that helps. Alan
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!