I am having central air installed. The dealer I am using installs Trane. My dilema is to go with the old refrigerant R-22 which is being phased out or the new, still relatively unknown, Puron. Both have a seer of 15 but the Puron unit is $500 more. Anybody have any knowledge/expierience re this?
Well I don't know if this will help.. I just had a system installed and the guys were very imformative.. This is what they told me.. The puron might be more valuable if you are planning to keep the house for a long time, otherwise the r-22 is cheaper to install but, the service might be more expensive in the long run with epa standards and govt raising the prices on r-22. Although there is no conversion kit for the r-22 to puron right now there might be later. (they have have them now for cars) So in short it might be a better investment for the puron if you plan to keep the house. I voted for the r-22 since I plan on selling the house in a few years, hoping that it won't backfire on me when I try to sell the house.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes