sorry if I've been misinFORUMed, but I'm going to buy another gas grill, and it's becoming more difficult to make an informed decision because even Consumer Reports/ Digest, etc. have their favorites brands. I'm looking for a really good gas grill for around/under $500 that's going to last 5-10 years(we grill most of the year). From everything I've heard, I'm leaning towards the Weber Genesis 1000 or a Coleman Powerhouse45, but I'd like to hear what your preferences/thoughts may be on this
subject. Again, if this is not the right place, please excuse and don't reply. Thanks.
Jim, both weber and coleman DO have good reputations to uphold, so I'd imagine either one would be a good investment although I'd expect to replace the burner every couple of years. There is another brand you might check into, "Ducane", but they sell for quite a bit more than your $500 range. But considering their "HIGH-END" price tag, I'd imagine they must be really high quality in order to fetch the price. By the way, I just learned something new the other day when getting my propane bottles filled. They won't fill a bottle that is over 12 years old unless it has been pressure tested recently (which the propane guy didn't know where).
'preciate the input. I've heard of Ducane but it's a little over my $ target range, as is MHP, Broilmaster, etc. I'm afraid if I got one of those, I couldn't afford anything to go in it :-). I didn't know about the LP tests, but I guess it's a good safe policy. Don't want one blowing up on a good steak and ribs night.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes