sorry if I've been misinFORUMed, but I'm going to buy another gas grill, and it's becoming more difficult to make an informed decision because even Consumer Reports/ Digest, etc. have their favorites brands. I'm looking for a really good gas grill for around/under $500 that's going to last 5-10 years(we grill most of the year). From everything I've heard, I'm leaning towards the Weber Genesis 1000 or a Coleman Powerhouse45, but I'd like to hear what your preferences/thoughts may be on this
subject. Again, if this is not the right place, please excuse and don't reply. Thanks.
Jim, both weber and coleman DO have good reputations to uphold, so I'd imagine either one would be a good investment although I'd expect to replace the burner every couple of years. There is another brand you might check into, "Ducane", but they sell for quite a bit more than your $500 range. But considering their "HIGH-END" price tag, I'd imagine they must be really high quality in order to fetch the price. By the way, I just learned something new the other day when getting my propane bottles filled. They won't fill a bottle that is over 12 years old unless it has been pressure tested recently (which the propane guy didn't know where).
'preciate the input. I've heard of Ducane but it's a little over my $ target range, as is MHP, Broilmaster, etc. I'm afraid if I got one of those, I couldn't afford anything to go in it :-). I didn't know about the LP tests, but I guess it's a good safe policy. Don't want one blowing up on a good steak and ribs night.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!