sorry if I've been misinFORUMed, but I'm going to buy another gas grill, and it's becoming more difficult to make an informed decision because even Consumer Reports/ Digest, etc. have their favorites brands. I'm looking for a really good gas grill for around/under $500 that's going to last 5-10 years(we grill most of the year). From everything I've heard, I'm leaning towards the Weber Genesis 1000 or a Coleman Powerhouse45, but I'd like to hear what your preferences/thoughts may be on this
subject. Again, if this is not the right place, please excuse and don't reply. Thanks.
Jim, both weber and coleman DO have good reputations to uphold, so I'd imagine either one would be a good investment although I'd expect to replace the burner every couple of years. There is another brand you might check into, "Ducane", but they sell for quite a bit more than your $500 range. But considering their "HIGH-END" price tag, I'd imagine they must be really high quality in order to fetch the price. By the way, I just learned something new the other day when getting my propane bottles filled. They won't fill a bottle that is over 12 years old unless it has been pressure tested recently (which the propane guy didn't know where).
'preciate the input. I've heard of Ducane but it's a little over my $ target range, as is MHP, Broilmaster, etc. I'm afraid if I got one of those, I couldn't afford anything to go in it :-). I didn't know about the LP tests, but I guess it's a good safe policy. Don't want one blowing up on a good steak and ribs night.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING