Ordered Schuler cabs over Kraftmaid and Thomasville because we wanted to add height to base cabs. Schuler will do that, others won't. Placed order 9-18-13. Still waiting to find out an install date. Nashville, TN.
we ordered Shuler cabinets from Lowes in August. There is no end in sight to when we will get our cabinets revised, repaired and/or re-installed (now it is early November). After 35K on cabinets we are disgusted. The doors do not match in color. The doors do not match the color of the boxes. There are places on the doors where sanding was not done and glaze is missing. Thinking about ordering Shuler and spending a fortune? Be ready to get disappointed.
We bought Schuler cabinets from Lowes. We paid for plywood boxes only to find that they have a mdf core, not real plywood. All the cabinets are screwed and stapled, which is not bad. Unfortunately, most of the cabinets were assembled with little regard to being square. In other words no matter what material was used, they were poorly assembled. Face frames were not flat, so putting cabinets together and having the face frames align properly was very time consuming. I cannot wait to see how the finish does over the next couple of years. Yes, there is the "Lifetime Warranty". Lets see how that works when they give you the cabinet and you have to replace it; have fun. I would not buy these cabinets again.
Getting ready to order either Diamond or Schuler from Lowes. What finish/wood did you use? What makes you concerned about how it will wear?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!