I want to install a central air conditioning system in my house. It is a small six room house which we will be expanding within the next five years. The house has a forced air heating system. Where do I begin with the central air system ? What are the best products to consider and what should I avoid ?
As you already have the duct work in place as a result of having forced air heating, it is a simple matter to have a contractor install the air conditioning component. This consists of a condensor that sits outside the home and an evaporator coil that is situated over the supply side of the furnace. The sizing of the air conditioner is crucial because in addition to cooling a home, an air conditioner removes humidity. Lower humidity means that a higher temp will feel comfortable. As you are going to add on to your house, you may want to go with a window unit for now so that you can have the condensor unit sized and zoned with the new addition taken into account. If the addition is going to have it's own HVAC system, then any of the name brand condensors would work. I recently replaced my 40 year old Carrier condensor with a new Carrier unit. Hope this helps.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes