new a/c installation
thanks anthony, i know its a lot but these are the issues i have to decide on
One thing for sure when dealing with mechanical/construction contractors, they are all experts in their own minds. And when the system doesn't work, well it's certainly not their fault. I had a client that used to be in HVAC, certified MENSA and all that. He has quite the opinion of himself and probably could have run a good business if he had enough personality to retain employees for more than a few months at a time. Notice he's no client anymore, as I couldn't stand him either. Basically went bankrupt after being sued because he couldn't get employees to do the jobs he bid on.
I think it's great folks are looking for more opinions than from the ones trying to sell them something.
[This message has been edited by sebring95 (edited September 19, 2002).]
I'd be curious to know opinions on analog vs digital thermostats, flex duct off the trunk lines, etc. Hardly seem like political questions to me. FWIW, I prefer a digital thermostat for programming abilities and flex duct in short straight runs seems to work nearly as well as hard pipe.
The "recommended" companies are going to come out and likely have different opinions and suggestions, but they will most certainly be trying to get the job. Nothing in it for the folks (are there any?) that give advice on the heating/air forum. Alot of installers will badmouth other installers, talk in uncomprehensible phrases, and dismiss any questions because they are the "professionals", which is a word used quite loosely today.
Where to put ducts/vents....for energy efficiency....
metal AC Duct
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Decked Out: 12 Innovative Outdoor Living Designs
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 8 (Truly) Unexpected Storage Spots
- 12 Celebrities' Cool Pools
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Colorful Kitchens: 10 Bright & Bold Designs