new a/c installation
thanks anthony, i know its a lot but these are the issues i have to decide on
One thing for sure when dealing with mechanical/construction contractors, they are all experts in their own minds. And when the system doesn't work, well it's certainly not their fault. I had a client that used to be in HVAC, certified MENSA and all that. He has quite the opinion of himself and probably could have run a good business if he had enough personality to retain employees for more than a few months at a time. Notice he's no client anymore, as I couldn't stand him either. Basically went bankrupt after being sued because he couldn't get employees to do the jobs he bid on.
I think it's great folks are looking for more opinions than from the ones trying to sell them something.
[This message has been edited by sebring95 (edited September 19, 2002).]
I'd be curious to know opinions on analog vs digital thermostats, flex duct off the trunk lines, etc. Hardly seem like political questions to me. FWIW, I prefer a digital thermostat for programming abilities and flex duct in short straight runs seems to work nearly as well as hard pipe.
The "recommended" companies are going to come out and likely have different opinions and suggestions, but they will most certainly be trying to get the job. Nothing in it for the folks (are there any?) that give advice on the heating/air forum. Alot of installers will badmouth other installers, talk in uncomprehensible phrases, and dismiss any questions because they are the "professionals", which is a word used quite loosely today.
Where to put ducts/vents....for energy efficiency....
New AC system
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects