Hi! I recently bought a house with a Dettson oil-fired forced air furnace, with a Heil heat pump. Both were installed in 1989, according to the real estate agent's listing. I had no problem during the cooling season, but as soon as I switched the thermostat (Honeywell mechanical thermostat) to the heat mode, sometimes the blower will stay on forever. I checked every wire, and they are all OK. Even with the thermostat off the wall, the blower is still working!!! If I switch off the power to the furnace, and switch it back on, the blower stops, until the next time it is called to blow by the thermostat contacts. If I switch the thermostat to "emergency heat" which calls for the oil burner instead of the heat pump, I don't have this problem. Could someone help me address this issue? Thanks.
I noticed that while the furnace blower stays on, the heat pump does not work. I can shut the heat pump's breaker off, the furnace blower will still blow. And if it is the fan relay, is it possible that it sticks in the "on" position only when I use the heat pump for heat, not for cooling, and it also works fine when I use the furnace's oil burner for heat? Also, I found by looking at the bills I got when I bought the house, the furnace was retrofitted after the heat pump was installed on the old furnace. Thanks for your help.
Blower doesn't come on
Nordyne E2EB-012HA Heater Won't Shut Off
Craftsman 315.11751 belt sander- how to change timin...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight