Hi! I recently bought a house with a Dettson oil-fired forced air furnace, with a Heil heat pump. Both were installed in 1989, according to the real estate agent's listing. I had no problem during the cooling season, but as soon as I switched the thermostat (Honeywell mechanical thermostat) to the heat mode, sometimes the blower will stay on forever. I checked every wire, and they are all OK. Even with the thermostat off the wall, the blower is still working!!! If I switch off the power to the furnace, and switch it back on, the blower stops, until the next time it is called to blow by the thermostat contacts. If I switch the thermostat to "emergency heat" which calls for the oil burner instead of the heat pump, I don't have this problem. Could someone help me address this issue? Thanks.
I noticed that while the furnace blower stays on, the heat pump does not work. I can shut the heat pump's breaker off, the furnace blower will still blow. And if it is the fan relay, is it possible that it sticks in the "on" position only when I use the heat pump for heat, not for cooling, and it also works fine when I use the furnace's oil burner for heat? Also, I found by looking at the bills I got when I bought the house, the furnace was retrofitted after the heat pump was installed on the old furnace. Thanks for your help.
Nordyne E2EB-012HA Heater Won't Shut Off
Blower doesn't come on
Craftsman 315.11751 belt sander- how to change timin...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes