Hi! I recently bought a house with a Dettson oil-fired forced air furnace, with a Heil heat pump. Both were installed in 1989, according to the real estate agent's listing. I had no problem during the cooling season, but as soon as I switched the thermostat (Honeywell mechanical thermostat) to the heat mode, sometimes the blower will stay on forever. I checked every wire, and they are all OK. Even with the thermostat off the wall, the blower is still working!!! If I switch off the power to the furnace, and switch it back on, the blower stops, until the next time it is called to blow by the thermostat contacts. If I switch the thermostat to "emergency heat" which calls for the oil burner instead of the heat pump, I don't have this problem. Could someone help me address this issue? Thanks.
I noticed that while the furnace blower stays on, the heat pump does not work. I can shut the heat pump's breaker off, the furnace blower will still blow. And if it is the fan relay, is it possible that it sticks in the "on" position only when I use the heat pump for heat, not for cooling, and it also works fine when I use the furnace's oil burner for heat? Also, I found by looking at the bills I got when I bought the house, the furnace was retrofitted after the heat pump was installed on the old furnace. Thanks for your help.
Nordyne E2EB-012HA Heater Won't Shut Off
Blower doesn't come on
Craftsman 315.11751 belt sander- how to change timin...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!