I am considering installing a Electronic Air Filter in the return duct of my gas furnace. We have a terrible dust problem and some allergies. Do these filters work as good as I understand that they do and are the worth the money. I understand that they zap everything that goes through them.
We had a Honeywell but I wouldn't recommend it. It scatters soot throught the house (it zaps the dust particles into soot) and we had shorting problems with the cells that were unsolvable. Each cell (it had two) were about $90 each. I'd recommend jus using good filters and changing them often. We shut the unit off, took out the cells, left in the metal mesh pre-filter (good dog and cat hair catcher) and put in two good filters where the cells were.
I just had a Bryant ARIA model installed in my second house. In my first house, I had a Carrier ARIA model electonic air cleaner installed. The Bryant and Carrier models are all but identical (nameplates are different). I've had no problems. I'm not too sensitive to dust/pollen, but my ex-wife was and she said it made a noticible improvement with allergies - even the amount of settled dust on furniture was less.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight