I am considering installing a Electronic Air Filter in the return duct of my gas furnace. We have a terrible dust problem and some allergies. Do these filters work as good as I understand that they do and are the worth the money. I understand that they zap everything that goes through them.
We had a Honeywell but I wouldn't recommend it. It scatters soot throught the house (it zaps the dust particles into soot) and we had shorting problems with the cells that were unsolvable. Each cell (it had two) were about $90 each. I'd recommend jus using good filters and changing them often. We shut the unit off, took out the cells, left in the metal mesh pre-filter (good dog and cat hair catcher) and put in two good filters where the cells were.
I just had a Bryant ARIA model installed in my second house. In my first house, I had a Carrier ARIA model electonic air cleaner installed. The Bryant and Carrier models are all but identical (nameplates are different). I've had no problems. I'm not too sensitive to dust/pollen, but my ex-wife was and she said it made a noticible improvement with allergies - even the amount of settled dust on furniture was less.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes