I am considering installing a Electronic Air Filter in the return duct of my gas furnace. We have a terrible dust problem and some allergies. Do these filters work as good as I understand that they do and are the worth the money. I understand that they zap everything that goes through them.
We had a Honeywell but I wouldn't recommend it. It scatters soot throught the house (it zaps the dust particles into soot) and we had shorting problems with the cells that were unsolvable. Each cell (it had two) were about $90 each. I'd recommend jus using good filters and changing them often. We shut the unit off, took out the cells, left in the metal mesh pre-filter (good dog and cat hair catcher) and put in two good filters where the cells were.
I just had a Bryant ARIA model installed in my second house. In my first house, I had a Carrier ARIA model electonic air cleaner installed. The Bryant and Carrier models are all but identical (nameplates are different). I've had no problems. I'm not too sensitive to dust/pollen, but my ex-wife was and she said it made a noticible improvement with allergies - even the amount of settled dust on furniture was less.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers