I am considering installing a Electronic Air Filter in the return duct of my gas furnace. We have a terrible dust problem and some allergies. Do these filters work as good as I understand that they do and are the worth the money. I understand that they zap everything that goes through them.
We had a Honeywell but I wouldn't recommend it. It scatters soot throught the house (it zaps the dust particles into soot) and we had shorting problems with the cells that were unsolvable. Each cell (it had two) were about $90 each. I'd recommend jus using good filters and changing them often. We shut the unit off, took out the cells, left in the metal mesh pre-filter (good dog and cat hair catcher) and put in two good filters where the cells were.
I just had a Bryant ARIA model installed in my second house. In my first house, I had a Carrier ARIA model electonic air cleaner installed. The Bryant and Carrier models are all but identical (nameplates are different). I've had no problems. I'm not too sensitive to dust/pollen, but my ex-wife was and she said it made a noticible improvement with allergies - even the amount of settled dust on furniture was less.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!