Does anyone know how to prevent mold buildup on the wood trim near the floor on our bathroom? Our house is almost two years old and I have noticed that a thin line of mold (black gunk) builds up continuously between the wood trim and the vinyl floor that is beneath our towel bars and near our shower. We have lots of rugs and use the fan, but that area always seems to be a little wet.
I have purchased mold and mildew spray that will remove the buildup, but is there anything that I can do to treat the wood? It is a light oak with a clear polyurethane on it right now.
Thanks in advance!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!