Does anyone know how to prevent mold buildup on the wood trim near the floor on our bathroom? Our house is almost two years old and I have noticed that a thin line of mold (black gunk) builds up continuously between the wood trim and the vinyl floor that is beneath our towel bars and near our shower. We have lots of rugs and use the fan, but that area always seems to be a little wet.
I have purchased mold and mildew spray that will remove the buildup, but is there anything that I can do to treat the wood? It is a light oak with a clear polyurethane on it right now.
Thanks in advance!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects