I AM FREEZING!!!
Furnace keeps cutting off approx. 1 min. after I turn it on. Could it have something to do with my fan limit control? I had someone come in and look at my air conditioner at the begining of the summer and i think they adjusted the fan control limit at that time.What is the proper settings for my TRAN-Forced Air Furnace-Model:GUCDA-10-B, Type:174-470-2-A?? Fan Limit Control current settings are (90-140-190). I am FREEEEzing!!!!!
I'm not familiar with this unit, but if it is a newer gas unit with electronic ignition vs. the older pilot light method, one possibility is that the "glow-plug" has gone bad and the furnace isn't igniting. If the furnace tries to light, but doesn't, after a short amount of time, this lack of ignition is detected and the whole thing shuts down. Just a guess - I had similar symptoms a couple winters ago.
If it is a newer model, there will be a control board in the blower compartment and it has an LED on it that will flash a code if there is a problem with the unit. You can tell if it does by looking at the lower cover, there will be a little round window on it to view the light. If you see it flashing take off the front panel where the burners are ad there will be a diagnostic list on it. Count the flashes and read the code. Not knowing the type of furnace, if it is an 80% or a high efficiency unit, I couldnt help any further.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!