I AM FREEZING!!!
Furnace keeps cutting off approx. 1 min. after I turn it on. Could it have something to do with my fan limit control? I had someone come in and look at my air conditioner at the begining of the summer and i think they adjusted the fan control limit at that time.What is the proper settings for my TRAN-Forced Air Furnace-Model:GUCDA-10-B, Type:174-470-2-A?? Fan Limit Control current settings are (90-140-190). I am FREEEEzing!!!!!
I'm not familiar with this unit, but if it is a newer gas unit with electronic ignition vs. the older pilot light method, one possibility is that the "glow-plug" has gone bad and the furnace isn't igniting. If the furnace tries to light, but doesn't, after a short amount of time, this lack of ignition is detected and the whole thing shuts down. Just a guess - I had similar symptoms a couple winters ago.
If it is a newer model, there will be a control board in the blower compartment and it has an LED on it that will flash a code if there is a problem with the unit. You can tell if it does by looking at the lower cover, there will be a little round window on it to view the light. If you see it flashing take off the front panel where the burners are ad there will be a diagnostic list on it. Count the flashes and read the code. Not knowing the type of furnace, if it is an 80% or a high efficiency unit, I couldnt help any further.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes