I AM FREEZING!!!
Furnace keeps cutting off approx. 1 min. after I turn it on. Could it have something to do with my fan limit control? I had someone come in and look at my air conditioner at the begining of the summer and i think they adjusted the fan control limit at that time.What is the proper settings for my TRAN-Forced Air Furnace-Model:GUCDA-10-B, Type:174-470-2-A?? Fan Limit Control current settings are (90-140-190). I am FREEEEzing!!!!!
I'm not familiar with this unit, but if it is a newer gas unit with electronic ignition vs. the older pilot light method, one possibility is that the "glow-plug" has gone bad and the furnace isn't igniting. If the furnace tries to light, but doesn't, after a short amount of time, this lack of ignition is detected and the whole thing shuts down. Just a guess - I had similar symptoms a couple winters ago.
If it is a newer model, there will be a control board in the blower compartment and it has an LED on it that will flash a code if there is a problem with the unit. You can tell if it does by looking at the lower cover, there will be a little round window on it to view the light. If you see it flashing take off the front panel where the burners are ad there will be a diagnostic list on it. Count the flashes and read the code. Not knowing the type of furnace, if it is an 80% or a high efficiency unit, I couldnt help any further.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!