old rowhouse...I am not getting any heat from any radiator on ground floor or upstairs, in the bedrooms. so, I've purged the radiators by unscrewing the small needle and listening for the air flowing out. i expected water to begin flowing out, but nothing, on any floor. no more air comes out now.
I dont know if related, but the B&G (pump?), red, the size of a bread box contraption, located about 4 inches from the furnace, is now always operating -- even with the thermostat on coldest temp. To stop the "red contraption" i turned off the circuit breaker, as i could think of no other way. I assume no what is in system...how do i correct this and/or What is wrong here? thank you much.
Thanks so much. from the site i learned that the B&G red thing is the circulator...I think i should lift the relief valve to let water into boiler, so as to allow water to fill the void caused by the purged air, in the radiators (?). Where is the relief valve? (it should allow water into the boiler?) the site also says to run the circulator, but how is this done? thanks again.
Hydronic Heat, Indirect Water Heater, No Hot Water
Hydronic Heat and Tankless HWH
vasco hydronic heating
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!