old rowhouse...I am not getting any heat from any radiator on ground floor or upstairs, in the bedrooms. so, I've purged the radiators by unscrewing the small needle and listening for the air flowing out. i expected water to begin flowing out, but nothing, on any floor. no more air comes out now.
I dont know if related, but the B&G (pump?), red, the size of a bread box contraption, located about 4 inches from the furnace, is now always operating -- even with the thermostat on coldest temp. To stop the "red contraption" i turned off the circuit breaker, as i could think of no other way. I assume no what is in system...how do i correct this and/or What is wrong here? thank you much.
Thanks so much. from the site i learned that the B&G red thing is the circulator...I think i should lift the relief valve to let water into boiler, so as to allow water to fill the void caused by the purged air, in the radiators (?). Where is the relief valve? (it should allow water into the boiler?) the site also says to run the circulator, but how is this done? thanks again.
Hydronic Heat, Indirect Water Heater, No Hot Water
Hydronic Heat and Tankless HWH
vasco hydronic heating
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes