We are considering buying ready to assemble melamine cabinets from the Mills Pride line for our kitchen. We are on a limited budget and they seem very reasonably priced. However, I haven't been able to find much information on them as far as durability.
Is using melamine recommended? Is it the same as particle board that's been laminated? Will the cabinets hold up over time? Any advice is appreciated.
Melamine is a good way to go (price and durabitity) melamine is a poly coverd particle bord. as long as they are installed corect they are very good (better in the stain and clean up area) the only problem is water geting to the partical core but if edge taped and seal all holes with silicone they are very durabal. and should last 30 + years good luck
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!