Burner Shutting Off!!!
I ran out of oil for my burner. Got delivery, bled the line. The boiler came on heated up the water (hot water off of coil in boiler) started to send up heat (steam)then just cut off! Thermostat shows that it is calling for heat but nothing is happening. If I press the reset button it fires and then dies out. Any idea what I may be looking at??? Any advice would be appreciated.
You need to take the nozzle out and clean it completely. Having sucked the tank dry has gotten junk in the nozzle and is impeding the flow from it causing the fire eye not to see the flame causing a shutdown. The tip of the nozzle screws off. Also make a mark on the bracket and electrode, so that you can put them back in the same place upon reassembly. Good Luck.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love