FIRST POST - just moved into a new house, much bigger than we need, but we intend to populate very soon. one of the house warming gifts from her parents was an old dining room table. her dad said it is refinished, but i think it needs a lot more work. i'm not sure of the exact wood, but it is a dark wood, so i know i need a dark stain. is there a good kit out there that would have everything i would need to completely refinish it, or should i just buy all the supplies separately? if so, what is the best brand of stain and varnish? any help with this will be greatly appreciated.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste an afternoon. Teach a man how to make his own beer, and he can waste a lifetime.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!