My 7 yr old TRANE (Model# XE 80) furnace is working intermittently. When the thermostat sends the signal for the heater to kick on, the flames start going without a problem, but after just 6-7 seconds, the flames go out and the furnace tries to ignite again. Then after about the 3rd or 4th time, the fan kicks on without the flames/fire and blows cold air until we manually turn off/on the thermostat at which then all is fine until the next episode. Never have an issue when we manually turn the heater on at thermostat location, and only sometimes it happens(40%) when we leave it on auto. Any ideas/advice would be great!
Old expandable foam shrank in walls now all the wall...
is a closet necessary for an attic furnace with spra...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love