My 7 yr old TRANE (Model# XE 80) furnace is working intermittently. When the thermostat sends the signal for the heater to kick on, the flames start going without a problem, but after just 6-7 seconds, the flames go out and the furnace tries to ignite again. Then after about the 3rd or 4th time, the fan kicks on without the flames/fire and blows cold air until we manually turn off/on the thermostat at which then all is fine until the next episode. Never have an issue when we manually turn the heater on at thermostat location, and only sometimes it happens(40%) when we leave it on auto. Any ideas/advice would be great!
Old expandable foam shrank in walls now all the wall...
is a closet necessary for an attic furnace with spra...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!