My 7 yr old TRANE (Model# XE 80) furnace is working intermittently. When the thermostat sends the signal for the heater to kick on, the flames start going without a problem, but after just 6-7 seconds, the flames go out and the furnace tries to ignite again. Then after about the 3rd or 4th time, the fan kicks on without the flames/fire and blows cold air until we manually turn off/on the thermostat at which then all is fine until the next episode. Never have an issue when we manually turn the heater on at thermostat location, and only sometimes it happens(40%) when we leave it on auto. Any ideas/advice would be great!
Old expandable foam shrank in walls now all the wall...
is a closet necessary for an attic furnace with spra...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight