We are considering buying a house that had a new Carrier WeatherMaker furnace installed within the last two years. Can anyone tell me what kind of quality of furnace this is? Also about how much does it usually cost? The owner said it cost them $6000 but I have to wonder if that maybe also included a new air conditioning unit, or if she didn't know what she was talking about? (I was under the impression that gas furnaces cost around $2000, not $6000!)
If the price she told you included a new furncace and air, that would make sense. For just the Carrier furnance, that is a little high. Do you know what the effeciency is on it? Some of the 98.5% furnaces were very expensive but not that popular. Good luck.
Just installed a new furnace circuit board #325878-7...
Befuddling Thermostat problem
Should I replace my heater?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes