help help help!
im a 26 yo female who doesn't know beans about wood! lol
I have a pine nook that i'd like to restain ebony to match my dining table. It has a VERY light finish on it, so would i have to sand thru this to stain it blk, or can i go right over the top?
I also have an antique hutch. I'd really like to stain it ebony as well so that i can leave it in the dining room with the table. Should i stain it, or leave it original, it's about 50+ years old, beautiful, but i'd like it better if it matched my table. I know that there would probably be alot of work to do this one, but i dunno.. kinda torn on it. I don't want the peice to loose it's value, but i don't like how it clashes with the rest of my furniture either.
first you have to determine if there is a sealer e.g(polyurithane) as no stain will work.you do this by trying to scrach a area and see if anything peels or comes off. if use a striper to take it off. now you can try to aply stain but for best outcome sand the finish off. then stain following directions and follow with a sealer eg polyurithane. now to the hutch. diferent woods will stain diferent also it will decrease the value (i cant say how much) with a difrent wood it will be hard to impossible to get to mach 100%.thax and good luck
Please help electrical
113.197751 RAS Wiring.......... PLEASE HELP!
Craftsman 12" Tilt head Bandsaw need manual and Fence
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!