help help help!
im a 26 yo female who doesn't know beans about wood! lol
I have a pine nook that i'd like to restain ebony to match my dining table. It has a VERY light finish on it, so would i have to sand thru this to stain it blk, or can i go right over the top?
I also have an antique hutch. I'd really like to stain it ebony as well so that i can leave it in the dining room with the table. Should i stain it, or leave it original, it's about 50+ years old, beautiful, but i'd like it better if it matched my table. I know that there would probably be alot of work to do this one, but i dunno.. kinda torn on it. I don't want the peice to loose it's value, but i don't like how it clashes with the rest of my furniture either.
first you have to determine if there is a sealer e.g(polyurithane) as no stain will work.you do this by trying to scrach a area and see if anything peels or comes off. if use a striper to take it off. now you can try to aply stain but for best outcome sand the finish off. then stain following directions and follow with a sealer eg polyurithane. now to the hutch. diferent woods will stain diferent also it will decrease the value (i cant say how much) with a difrent wood it will be hard to impossible to get to mach 100%.thax and good luck
Please help electrical
113.197751 RAS Wiring.......... PLEASE HELP!
Craftsman 12" Tilt head Bandsaw need manual and Fence
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes