help help help!
im a 26 yo female who doesn't know beans about wood! lol
I have a pine nook that i'd like to restain ebony to match my dining table. It has a VERY light finish on it, so would i have to sand thru this to stain it blk, or can i go right over the top?
I also have an antique hutch. I'd really like to stain it ebony as well so that i can leave it in the dining room with the table. Should i stain it, or leave it original, it's about 50+ years old, beautiful, but i'd like it better if it matched my table. I know that there would probably be alot of work to do this one, but i dunno.. kinda torn on it. I don't want the peice to loose it's value, but i don't like how it clashes with the rest of my furniture either.
first you have to determine if there is a sealer e.g(polyurithane) as no stain will work.you do this by trying to scrach a area and see if anything peels or comes off. if use a striper to take it off. now you can try to aply stain but for best outcome sand the finish off. then stain following directions and follow with a sealer eg polyurithane. now to the hutch. diferent woods will stain diferent also it will decrease the value (i cant say how much) with a difrent wood it will be hard to impossible to get to mach 100%.thax and good luck
Please help electrical
113.197751 RAS Wiring.......... PLEASE HELP!
Craftsman 12" Tilt head Bandsaw need manual and Fence
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING