help help help!
im a 26 yo female who doesn't know beans about wood! lol
I have a pine nook that i'd like to restain ebony to match my dining table. It has a VERY light finish on it, so would i have to sand thru this to stain it blk, or can i go right over the top?
I also have an antique hutch. I'd really like to stain it ebony as well so that i can leave it in the dining room with the table. Should i stain it, or leave it original, it's about 50+ years old, beautiful, but i'd like it better if it matched my table. I know that there would probably be alot of work to do this one, but i dunno.. kinda torn on it. I don't want the peice to loose it's value, but i don't like how it clashes with the rest of my furniture either.
first you have to determine if there is a sealer e.g(polyurithane) as no stain will work.you do this by trying to scrach a area and see if anything peels or comes off. if use a striper to take it off. now you can try to aply stain but for best outcome sand the finish off. then stain following directions and follow with a sealer eg polyurithane. now to the hutch. diferent woods will stain diferent also it will decrease the value (i cant say how much) with a difrent wood it will be hard to impossible to get to mach 100%.thax and good luck
Please help electrical
113.197751 RAS Wiring.......... PLEASE HELP!
Craftsman 12" Tilt head Bandsaw need manual and Fence
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects