How good do electric heat pumps work? Are they more efficient than electric baseboard heating. I am too scared to see the bills with my electric baseboards, so i heat with a pellet stove and woodburner which don't always do the job in my 2500 sq. ft. house
I have had 3 heatpumps and would not have another on a forced air system. They always feel drafty and run several times longer than a standard gas, oil or electric. They also have a shorter life span as they run summer and winter for these longer periods.
Pellet stove? Boy did I hate the one I had! Couldn't depend on it staying lit. It was real noisy too!
York Electric heat pump - emerg heat - 5 beeps
Forced-air electric heat
Converting a boiler system to forced electric heat...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!