How good do electric heat pumps work? Are they more efficient than electric baseboard heating. I am too scared to see the bills with my electric baseboards, so i heat with a pellet stove and woodburner which don't always do the job in my 2500 sq. ft. house
I have had 3 heatpumps and would not have another on a forced air system. They always feel drafty and run several times longer than a standard gas, oil or electric. They also have a shorter life span as they run summer and winter for these longer periods.
Pellet stove? Boy did I hate the one I had! Couldn't depend on it staying lit. It was real noisy too!
York Electric heat pump - emerg heat - 5 beeps
Forced-air electric heat
Converting a boiler system to forced electric heat...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight