How good do electric heat pumps work? Are they more efficient than electric baseboard heating. I am too scared to see the bills with my electric baseboards, so i heat with a pellet stove and woodburner which don't always do the job in my 2500 sq. ft. house
I have had 3 heatpumps and would not have another on a forced air system. They always feel drafty and run several times longer than a standard gas, oil or electric. They also have a shorter life span as they run summer and winter for these longer periods.
Pellet stove? Boy did I hate the one I had! Couldn't depend on it staying lit. It was real noisy too!
York Electric heat pump - emerg heat - 5 beeps
Forced-air electric heat
Converting a boiler system to forced electric heat...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!