Experiencing intermittent loss of pilot flame for Heil Natural Gas Furnace Model VG-105AE-18. Furnace about 25 years old, have owned it the last 6. The pilot can be relit rather easily, but after a period of 5 to 30 days (varies each time), it goes out again. The pilot burner had some debris in it and was promptly cleaned. The area around the burners has remained fairly clean.
Also, noticed slight "banging" sound from ducts just prior to furnace heat-cycle shutoff. This noise is not very loud, however it is noticeable.
The loss of pilot is more a nuisance than anything, but any advice regarding corrective action would be appreciated.
Bryant High Efficiency Gas Furnace
direct vent gas furnace...
Max venting distance for gas furnace outside home
Gas Furnace/Water Heater: Is Fresh Air Source Needed...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!