Experiencing intermittent loss of pilot flame for Heil Natural Gas Furnace Model VG-105AE-18. Furnace about 25 years old, have owned it the last 6. The pilot can be relit rather easily, but after a period of 5 to 30 days (varies each time), it goes out again. The pilot burner had some debris in it and was promptly cleaned. The area around the burners has remained fairly clean.
Also, noticed slight "banging" sound from ducts just prior to furnace heat-cycle shutoff. This noise is not very loud, however it is noticeable.
The loss of pilot is more a nuisance than anything, but any advice regarding corrective action would be appreciated.
Bryant High Efficiency Gas Furnace
direct vent gas furnace...
Max venting distance for gas furnace outside home
Gas Furnace/Water Heater: Is Fresh Air Source Needed...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects