Experiencing intermittent loss of pilot flame for Heil Natural Gas Furnace Model VG-105AE-18. Furnace about 25 years old, have owned it the last 6. The pilot can be relit rather easily, but after a period of 5 to 30 days (varies each time), it goes out again. The pilot burner had some debris in it and was promptly cleaned. The area around the burners has remained fairly clean.
Also, noticed slight "banging" sound from ducts just prior to furnace heat-cycle shutoff. This noise is not very loud, however it is noticeable.
The loss of pilot is more a nuisance than anything, but any advice regarding corrective action would be appreciated.
Bryant High Efficiency Gas Furnace
direct vent gas furnace...
Max venting distance for gas furnace outside home
Gas Furnace/Water Heater: Is Fresh Air Source Needed...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love