I was wondering, I noticed in the instructions for my thermostat that there is a way to connect seperate heat and coll transformers to the stat, but how would you connect seperate blower units? Would you parallel the G & W wires to each unit, but power off the one your not using at the time?
Well the idea would be to run the AC seperate from the furnace. Right now the old AC/furnace is blocked off and shut down and the new furnace is connected. In the summer I would like to reverse that and block off and shut down the new furnace and run the old AC instead.
If you are using one unit for heat and one for ac, Remove the jumper between rc and rh and wire as if it were two seperate transformers, which it is.
best of luck
best of luck
That part I figured out, but what about the blower, which would be the W & G wires for the old furnace?
the g terminal and thegreen wire are always fan. This must run from the ac unit. The w terminal and white wire are always heat they will go to the furnace. There must be a yellow wire that gets put to the y terminal and wired to the ac unit
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes