I was wondering, I noticed in the instructions for my thermostat that there is a way to connect seperate heat and coll transformers to the stat, but how would you connect seperate blower units? Would you parallel the G & W wires to each unit, but power off the one your not using at the time?
Well the idea would be to run the AC seperate from the furnace. Right now the old AC/furnace is blocked off and shut down and the new furnace is connected. In the summer I would like to reverse that and block off and shut down the new furnace and run the old AC instead.
If you are using one unit for heat and one for ac, Remove the jumper between rc and rh and wire as if it were two seperate transformers, which it is.
best of luck
best of luck
That part I figured out, but what about the blower, which would be the W & G wires for the old furnace?
the g terminal and thegreen wire are always fan. This must run from the ac unit. The w terminal and white wire are always heat they will go to the furnace. There must be a yellow wire that gets put to the y terminal and wired to the ac unit
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!