Does anyone have any opinions on a Polaris Hot Water Heater. I am considering installing radiant floor heating with a boiler and indirect hot water tank. All the literature I received was pushing the Polaris Water Heater. I guess it's 1 unit that does both radiant floor and domestic hot water. Any suggestions????
ok- to me it looks like there are not very many happy people with the Polaris setup. I think i'll probably stick to the munchkin boiler and indirect water heater.
If you are purchasing a Polaris water heater, make shure it comes with a down sleeping bag, for when it doesn't run which is very frequantly. The problem is the fan and the igniter are mounted on the bottom of the condensate pipe. On short cycles it doesn't make a lot of heat to burn off all the condensation, so it runs down to the igniter and the moter and saturates them. That is why every one has to replace moters and igniters about once a year. It is a pretty sad situation for a $3500 dollar water heater. It is a bad design. Any one else with these problems, please post for a class action law suite.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects