Does anyone have any opinions on a Polaris Hot Water Heater. I am considering installing radiant floor heating with a boiler and indirect hot water tank. All the literature I received was pushing the Polaris Water Heater. I guess it's 1 unit that does both radiant floor and domestic hot water. Any suggestions????
ok- to me it looks like there are not very many happy people with the Polaris setup. I think i'll probably stick to the munchkin boiler and indirect water heater.
If you are purchasing a Polaris water heater, make shure it comes with a down sleeping bag, for when it doesn't run which is very frequantly. The problem is the fan and the igniter are mounted on the bottom of the condensate pipe. On short cycles it doesn't make a lot of heat to burn off all the condensation, so it runs down to the igniter and the moter and saturates them. That is why every one has to replace moters and igniters about once a year. It is a pretty sad situation for a $3500 dollar water heater. It is a bad design. Any one else with these problems, please post for a class action law suite.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!