Does anyone have any opinions on a Polaris Hot Water Heater. I am considering installing radiant floor heating with a boiler and indirect hot water tank. All the literature I received was pushing the Polaris Water Heater. I guess it's 1 unit that does both radiant floor and domestic hot water. Any suggestions????
ok- to me it looks like there are not very many happy people with the Polaris setup. I think i'll probably stick to the munchkin boiler and indirect water heater.
If you are purchasing a Polaris water heater, make shure it comes with a down sleeping bag, for when it doesn't run which is very frequantly. The problem is the fan and the igniter are mounted on the bottom of the condensate pipe. On short cycles it doesn't make a lot of heat to burn off all the condensation, so it runs down to the igniter and the moter and saturates them. That is why every one has to replace moters and igniters about once a year. It is a pretty sad situation for a $3500 dollar water heater. It is a bad design. Any one else with these problems, please post for a class action law suite.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes