I've been reading this forum for a while getting good advice on how to do things.
Now I'm stumped. In the house I bought (as is), the kitchen base cabinet bottom was apparently damaged from an old leak so that when the plumber put some weight on it, the particle board bottom broke. It wasn't his fault so I said I'd repair it. Countertop is newly installed; cabinets are cheapies but I can't afford to replace them now. It's 24" or so inside with three pipes coming through the bottom.
I know the best way to fix it would be to replace the cabinet but it would have to be custom built due to its size; no $$ for that, anyway.
So, I was wondering if I could or should try to cut away the broken bottom and carefully piece in a replacement with additional supports underneath. Right now I have two half sections of plywood resting on top of what is left but I don't like it.
Your suggestions are welcome!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs