I've been reading this forum for a while getting good advice on how to do things.
Now I'm stumped. In the house I bought (as is), the kitchen base cabinet bottom was apparently damaged from an old leak so that when the plumber put some weight on it, the particle board bottom broke. It wasn't his fault so I said I'd repair it. Countertop is newly installed; cabinets are cheapies but I can't afford to replace them now. It's 24" or so inside with three pipes coming through the bottom.
I know the best way to fix it would be to replace the cabinet but it would have to be custom built due to its size; no $$ for that, anyway.
So, I was wondering if I could or should try to cut away the broken bottom and carefully piece in a replacement with additional supports underneath. Right now I have two half sections of plywood resting on top of what is left but I don't like it.
Your suggestions are welcome!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 10 DIY Ways Renters Can Customize Their Space
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Secondhand Shopping Tips