I've been reading this forum for a while getting good advice on how to do things.
Now I'm stumped. In the house I bought (as is), the kitchen base cabinet bottom was apparently damaged from an old leak so that when the plumber put some weight on it, the particle board bottom broke. It wasn't his fault so I said I'd repair it. Countertop is newly installed; cabinets are cheapies but I can't afford to replace them now. It's 24" or so inside with three pipes coming through the bottom.
I know the best way to fix it would be to replace the cabinet but it would have to be custom built due to its size; no $$ for that, anyway.
So, I was wondering if I could or should try to cut away the broken bottom and carefully piece in a replacement with additional supports underneath. Right now I have two half sections of plywood resting on top of what is left but I don't like it.
Your suggestions are welcome!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes