I live in a mobile home (trailer). Our central heat/ac went out about a year ago. Installed window ac. Used several ceramic heaters last winter - 1 kerosene heater also - this scares me really bad but husband says not to worry, it is heat - HELP what do you think?
Itseems like I read about people like you every winter. Isn't carbon monoxide poisoning a concern of yours? And it doesn't seem the mobile home is the most fire retardant home in America. I would definetly look into something safer. If you're on a tight budget check with your gas and electric company. Mine has programs with tight budgets in mind.
Do I need a vapor barrier for the ceiling in my garage?
Ceramic insulation for commercial metal building
Insulating brick wall & ceramic floor
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!