I live in a mobile home (trailer). Our central heat/ac went out about a year ago. Installed window ac. Used several ceramic heaters last winter - 1 kerosene heater also - this scares me really bad but husband says not to worry, it is heat - HELP what do you think?
Itseems like I read about people like you every winter. Isn't carbon monoxide poisoning a concern of yours? And it doesn't seem the mobile home is the most fire retardant home in America. I would definetly look into something safer. If you're on a tight budget check with your gas and electric company. Mine has programs with tight budgets in mind.
Do I need a vapor barrier for the ceiling in my garage?
Insulating brick wall & ceramic floor
Ceramic insulation for commercial metal building
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight