i have a small tudor cottage with 4 finished floors. the furnace is located in the attic and the system is not zoned. my hvac contractor installed the system in the heat of the summer without thinking about the winter needs. now that it's getting cold. the 4th floor (small office in attic) where the furnace is, is typically 94 degrees. the 3rd floor (bedroom level) is 77 degrees with all the vents closed. the 2nd level (main living) is about 67 degrees, and the ground level (family room) is about 60 degrees. We get no air supply to the ground floor (only one register and not enough air volume). we have all the registers open on the 2nd floor. i come to find out that he didnt install dampers to the vents on the third floor and with the registers closed it sounds like a jet engine.
We can not live like this b/c we're always putting on/taking off sweatshirts to run between floors.
Can there be anything done?? all the walls are closed in so i dont know how he can now install dampers.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!