i have a small tudor cottage with 4 finished floors. the furnace is located in the attic and the system is not zoned. my hvac contractor installed the system in the heat of the summer without thinking about the winter needs. now that it's getting cold. the 4th floor (small office in attic) where the furnace is, is typically 94 degrees. the 3rd floor (bedroom level) is 77 degrees with all the vents closed. the 2nd level (main living) is about 67 degrees, and the ground level (family room) is about 60 degrees. We get no air supply to the ground floor (only one register and not enough air volume). we have all the registers open on the 2nd floor. i come to find out that he didnt install dampers to the vents on the third floor and with the registers closed it sounds like a jet engine.
We can not live like this b/c we're always putting on/taking off sweatshirts to run between floors.
Can there be anything done?? all the walls are closed in so i dont know how he can now install dampers.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes