I just had a 75000 BTU Comformaker forced-air natural gas furnance installed. Works fine, great heat, but the noise is unbearable, I hate it. It's not the burners that are the problem, it seems to be the combustion fan. When the combustion fan kicks on (not the blower fan) the vibrations can be felt in the entire house, plus it sounds like a small lawn mower in my basement is running......what can be done???
check and see if the unit has more than one or two speed. it may be set in the high speed, or may look to see if all the shipping packing was removed. also, look at all the piping,connections and etc that there are no vibrations coming from them rather than the unit itself. if not, I would call the installer back, and if all is satisfactory instillation, i would call techinical services of the producer of the furnace. there could be a recall or working disorder with this model of furnace. I am sure a company this large will take care of such a minor problem for the homeowner.
New Kit Installed by Plumber, but Toilet Sounds Like...
backer board for a tiled bathtub/shower surround
What kind of lawn mower is best?
Sketchy Lawn Mower
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes