I just had a 75000 BTU Comformaker forced-air natural gas furnance installed. Works fine, great heat, but the noise is unbearable, I hate it. It's not the burners that are the problem, it seems to be the combustion fan. When the combustion fan kicks on (not the blower fan) the vibrations can be felt in the entire house, plus it sounds like a small lawn mower in my basement is running......what can be done???
check and see if the unit has more than one or two speed. it may be set in the high speed, or may look to see if all the shipping packing was removed. also, look at all the piping,connections and etc that there are no vibrations coming from them rather than the unit itself. if not, I would call the installer back, and if all is satisfactory instillation, i would call techinical services of the producer of the furnace. there could be a recall or working disorder with this model of furnace. I am sure a company this large will take care of such a minor problem for the homeowner.
New Kit Installed by Plumber, but Toilet Sounds Like...
backer board for a tiled bathtub/shower surround
What kind of lawn mower is best?
Sketchy Lawn Mower
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!