My Utica boiler is exceeding 80 psi water pressure at 180 Deg. My expansion tank,circulators,pressure relief valve will then leak. I shut off the water supply and the boiler will shut off at about 23 psi. I turn the water back on and each successive cycle causes a higher and higher water pressure. I adjusted the aquastat down to 150 deg. but each cycle the prssure is greater. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
80 psi? The relief valve should relieve at 30 psi. You may have a faulty fill valve that's passing or the automatic feed is bad. Put your ear to the copper pipe that supplies water to the boiler to see if you can hear water. Normal pressure should be between 12 and 15 psi.
I have just changed the autofill valve and turned the water supply back on. The first cycle water pressure went to 35 and temp to 180 before cycling off. As soon as I turned on the water the expansion tank relief valve on top bled water. Expansion tank problem?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes