My Utica boiler is exceeding 80 psi water pressure at 180 Deg. My expansion tank,circulators,pressure relief valve will then leak. I shut off the water supply and the boiler will shut off at about 23 psi. I turn the water back on and each successive cycle causes a higher and higher water pressure. I adjusted the aquastat down to 150 deg. but each cycle the prssure is greater. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
80 psi? The relief valve should relieve at 30 psi. You may have a faulty fill valve that's passing or the automatic feed is bad. Put your ear to the copper pipe that supplies water to the boiler to see if you can hear water. Normal pressure should be between 12 and 15 psi.
I have just changed the autofill valve and turned the water supply back on. The first cycle water pressure went to 35 and temp to 180 before cycling off. As soon as I turned on the water the expansion tank relief valve on top bled water. Expansion tank problem?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!