I HAVE A LENNOX G16 FURNACE AND REPLACED THE INDUCED DRAFT BLOWER. NOW THE WHOLE HOUSE VIBRATES WHEN THIS IS RUNNIG. THE MOTOR SEEMS TO BE RUNNING HEAVY AND VIBRATES THE STACK. THE OLD BLOWER, A BEARING WENT IN IT AND IT CLANGED A LITTLE BUT THAT WAS BETTER THAN THIS VIBRATING NOISE, YOU CAN FEEL THE VIBRATION IN THE FLOOR AND WALLS. IS THIS NORMAL? PLEASE HELP.
No it's not normal. Vibrations can cause seperations of the smoke pipe joints if they are not secured with 3 zip screws. Normal operation of these motors can be heard, but excessive noise and /or vibration should be addressed. Re-check your mounting application. Compare the amperage of the old motor to the new one.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!