I HAVE A LENNOX G16 FURNACE AND REPLACED THE INDUCED DRAFT BLOWER. NOW THE WHOLE HOUSE VIBRATES WHEN THIS IS RUNNIG. THE MOTOR SEEMS TO BE RUNNING HEAVY AND VIBRATES THE STACK. THE OLD BLOWER, A BEARING WENT IN IT AND IT CLANGED A LITTLE BUT THAT WAS BETTER THAN THIS VIBRATING NOISE, YOU CAN FEEL THE VIBRATION IN THE FLOOR AND WALLS. IS THIS NORMAL? PLEASE HELP.
No it's not normal. Vibrations can cause seperations of the smoke pipe joints if they are not secured with 3 zip screws. Normal operation of these motors can be heard, but excessive noise and /or vibration should be addressed. Re-check your mounting application. Compare the amperage of the old motor to the new one.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight