I HAVE A LENNOX G16 FURNACE AND REPLACED THE INDUCED DRAFT BLOWER. NOW THE WHOLE HOUSE VIBRATES WHEN THIS IS RUNNIG. THE MOTOR SEEMS TO BE RUNNING HEAVY AND VIBRATES THE STACK. THE OLD BLOWER, A BEARING WENT IN IT AND IT CLANGED A LITTLE BUT THAT WAS BETTER THAN THIS VIBRATING NOISE, YOU CAN FEEL THE VIBRATION IN THE FLOOR AND WALLS. IS THIS NORMAL? PLEASE HELP.
No it's not normal. Vibrations can cause seperations of the smoke pipe joints if they are not secured with 3 zip screws. Normal operation of these motors can be heard, but excessive noise and /or vibration should be addressed. Re-check your mounting application. Compare the amperage of the old motor to the new one.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!