Hi, I am in a bind trying to find what would work best. We have built a 560 square foot apartment (our once attatched garage)for my wheelchair bound mother-in-law and we are having trouble locating a cost effective heat source for the small area. It consitsts of 4 rooms. Kitchen, living space,bathroom and bedroom. The analysis was done and it was 19,000 btus. We are looking into a vented wall untit that would be extremely cost effective and lp gas. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
The vented wall unit is classified as "supplemental" heat, which means "in addition to" the heating system you have now. The space heater would not effectively heat all the rooms in question. Yes it would be great in the living room, where your mother-in-law would probably be spending most of her time. But what about when she goes to bed from a nice comfy 75 degree room to a room thats considerably colder. If your main system for your part of the house is hydronic you can add additional zones to the mother-in-laws addition. Or you might want to think about electric baseboard.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes