Last night i started hearing a loud humming noise coming from my wall, it kept getting louder and louder and would cut out and start back up. I went outside to see where it was coming from and noticed it was exactly on the part of the wall where the gas comes into the house, but there was no noise outside. The gas company came and said everything with the gas "thing" outside was fine. Can somebody please help me?
The starting and stopping of the noise you heard leads me to believe that the gas line that feeds your furnace is too tight up against the sheet metal cabinet and / or the nipple that feeds the gas valve is rubbing up against the sheet metal cabinet of the furnace. When the blower comes on this may cause the vibration / noise. You may also want to make sure no duct work is too close against the gas line as well.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!